Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Light duty

So I am going back to work tomorrow. My roommates dog will be heartbroken! She has grown used to having me keep her company all morning, and she was used as my walking "therapy" dog after my surgery. She hates when someone leaves (without her) and ends up sulking on their bed until they come home.

I have mixed feeling about going back to work. My job is boring, and a bad "fit" but I am learning to be grateful for having it. Deep down I hope that they keep our facility open, but with one of our main suppliers filing Chapter 11, everything is unknown. I am going to give myself six months to get out or give in.

It seems like everything falls apart at once. In the past month the following has broken down in my house:

TV (Totally dead and no one does repair anymore)
Kitchen sink (Clogged on one side and will not drain)
Dryer (Makes a terrible sound when it is first turned on)
Record player (weird sounding)

Everything will have to wait until the new year. Which is fine. As long as nothing else goes kaupt I will survive :-)

To make things a bit worse -- my "former crush turned just wants to be a f@ck buddy" is acting like an annoying 8th grader. I am a grown woman (and he is also in his 30s) -- I do not need you to text me on a Sunday morning to see if I want to come over to his Moms house and "make out." I mean -- if that is his move I am glad he is a former crush.

Off to cuddle with my the cats and go to bed.

No comments: