Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

I was a total sloth today. I admit it. The roommates dog and I spent the day lounging in bed and watching football. (The cats spent their entire day watching the bird feeder and are waiting for the Giants game next weekend!) I may have to work six days next week, and that sucked all the motivation out of me.
We (the royal we, meaning the dog and I) did spend some time cleaning up the backyard, but not too much time. My knee is still killing me, and I can only do chores in 15 min (cough - half time - cough) increments. I am scared to death of re-injuring my knee and I know I need to stop babying it.
My cousin has a birthday this week. She is a junior in high school, and is truly a wonderful person.
The entire family is meeting up at a restaurant to celebrate. The only problem -- her Mother will be there. (Her mother moved 2000 miles away to move in with a married man she met on the internet six years ago). I was once very good friends with her Mother, but now can not stand the thought of her. She used to send me the most venomous letters and we have not gotten along since she left. I have seen her twice since she left.
I know that I will "behave" for my cousins sake. I would never dream of making a scene at her birthday. It just makes me sad that it has come down to this. A former close friend who has turned into someone I no longer recognize. Should be interesting.

No comments: