Sunday, January 13, 2013

So yah

So yah

No excuses for being away from this journal for a few years. I spent a very small part of this morning reading an old online journal from 2000 or so. It was nice catching up with myself. I was sooooo moody in my early 30's.

I had a nice lunch with a friend of mine yesterday. I met him this past year, and I only see him when he drives up from down south. It was nice to see him again. It reminded me of how much I miss male companionship. Not love, or a relationship, just the companionship.

I had someone ask me out last week, but I have no desire to date him. He is a nice guy, but we have nothing in common, and I know he is just no my type. Add to that the fact that I have already told him that I have no desire to date ANYONE now, he still asks me out every time I see him. He will say things like "I will keep asking until you tell me to stop asking you." Well, every time you ask me I say "No" and you keep asking me. I would not mind grabbing a beer with him and watching a game or something, but knowing he wants to "date" me would make me uncomfortable.

Anyway...back to the lunch from yesterday. We were laughing a lot and joking about strange things and the people at the table next to us kept laughing at our conversation. When we left I said "Sorry you had to listen to us during your lunch," but they smiled and said it was "entertaining." That is what I miss. I dread the "let's have dinner and get to know each other" crap.

But, he is gone now, and I will have to wait a few months to see him again.

On a wonderful note...my beloved 14.75 year old cat is coming back to my house tomorrow. He is with my Mom (since 1/2) due to his being diagnosed with (non-operational) intestinal lymphoma :-( He has a follow up appointment with his vet (near my Mom) and she is bringing him back up tomorrow. He is not in pain and everything (body function wise) is working, so I am going to treat everyday with him as a wonderful miracle and let him tell me when he is ready to go.

I know he is older (his older brother is 16.5) but it is still hard to say goodbye to him. I know he had the best possible life he could ever have with me. I adopted him from the shelter when he was six weeks old.

Live and love is all we can do sometimes!
TTFN

No comments: